We had a great time in San Diego at SC&RA. Typically, we like to surf in San Diego, yet in this case it was all about cranes and heavy hauling. We wanted to share with you our team’s learnings – as well as congratulate this year’s Job of the Year winners!
SC&RA 2023 Job of the Year Winners
Let’s start with the SC&RA 2023 Job of the Year winners. Eight companies took home the big prize for the crane, rigging and specialized transportation industry at the SC&RA Annual Conference Closing Night Awards and Recognition Dinner.
- Under $150,000: Beard Transportation
- $150-750k: Barnhart Crane & Rigging
- $750k-2m: Roll Group
- Over $2m: Barnhart Crane & Rigging
- Under 160k lbs: Precision Specialized Inc.
- 160-500k lbs.: Emmert International
- Over 500k lbs.: Tradelossa
- Moving Job of the Year: Fagioli
Congratulations to the winners! And if you’re wondering how to enter next year, you can start planning here.
Our Key Takeaways from SC&RA 2023
In addition to the winners, here are the key takeaways that we had from the conference!
- There was a great turnout. Similar to the other conferences we have attended this year, SC&RA had a 2019, pre-pandemic attendance with nearly 700 attendees.
- Inflation continues to cause price adjustments – and that includes equipment costs increasing.
- “Raise your rates on rentals and crane hours.” This was the message we heard in order to keep up with inflation, increased business costs, and increased new equipment costs.
- From the conversations we had it sounds like construction is still building steam – contrary to the media’s reporting.
- If you’re looking to acquire new equipment, good luck! We hear that deliveries won’t be coming until late 2023 or early 2024 due to supply chain issues.
- Lending will be more credit-focused in 2023, and the best-run companies will excel and gain market share via excellent lending and leadership.
- Lending rates are leveling out, but lower than the peaks of 2022.
We came back from San Diego excited to help your business. Schedule a call with us to learn more about this year’s SC&RA conference, or explore financing opportunities.
The EFFI Team